LOPER 1: First-year Seminar
FOUNDATIONAL REQUIREMENTS – Skills that every university-educated person needs:
First-year seminar* (minimum 3 hours). Courses must meet all learning outcomes.
- Can locate and select appropriate sources of information (to include information important to academic and professional success)
- Can discern a source’s argument or purpose and audience
- Can summarize a source’s main points accurately and fairly
- Can evaluate and use sources appropriately and responsibly
- Can integrate information from multiple sources and contrasting viewpoints
* The first-year seminar is waived for students admitted as transfer students with a minimum of 18 hours of GS coursework; transfer students and re-admit students still must fulfill the requirements of a minimum of 30 hours GS coursework that meets LOPERs 2-10.
Departments cannot require students to take a specific First-year Seminar.
|LOPR 126||First Year Seminar||3|