In addition to traditional grading ("A" - "F") a student may opt to be graded in registered courses by credit/no credit, or audit. The Credit/No Credit grading option must be declared by the end of the 4th week of the semester (Spring or Fall) or the end of the first class day in the summer. Audit grading options must be declared by the end of the first week of the semester (Spring or Fall) or by the end of the first class day (Summer).
Tuition rates and related fees are identical for each of these grading options. Grading options cannot be changed after the deadlines outlined above. Each option is described as follows:
- The option is available only to students who have completed 28 semester hours and are in good academic standing.
- The student must have met all of the prerequisites required for enrollment in the course chosen.
- The course chosen cannot be used to meet major, comprehensive major, minor, or endorsement area requirements.
- The student may choose only one course per semester, unless it is an established function of the course, to be taken on a credit/no credit basis.
- A maximum of 18 credit hours may be taken on a credit/no credit basis.
- Students wishing to declare a course CREDIT/NO CREDIT must do so at the Office of the University Registrar by the end of the 4th week of the semester (Spring or Fall) or by the end of the first class day (Summer). The CREDIT/NO CREDIT grading option cannot be changed after the deadline.
The responsibility for assuring that the student satisfies the above restrictions lies with the student and his/her advisor. The actual granting or withholding of credit is the responsibility of the Registrar's Office.
Audit grading does not result in the accumulation of credit hours applicable to a program of study. No audited course may be subsequently granted credit unless it is repeated as a re-registered course under the traditional grading option.
Auditing is generally limited to one course per semester, but is not specifically limited to a cumulative total. Auditing may be opted without regard for the student's classification. Students who wish to audit a course must complete a request form at the Office of the University Registrar by the end of the first week of the semester (Spring or Fall) or by the end of the first class day (Summer).