Admission Procedures for All Entering Freshmen
A freshman student must complete the following requirements:
- Application Form - Complete an online application for admission with $45.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Entrance Tests - UNK requires all new students to complete either the ACT or SAT test and have that score reported to the Director of Admissions, University of Nebraska at Kearney. High school juniors and seniors must take the ACT or SAT test and list UNK (ACT College Code 2468, SAT Code 6467) as one of their college choices. The student applies for admission by completing the online admission application, application fee, and high school transcript of grades.
- Transcripts - Applicants must submit one high school transcript at the time of application reflecting at least six (6) semesters of high school work. A final transcript reflecting high school graduation is required. The University of Nebraska at Kearney accepts and encourages sending official high school transcripts using eTranscripts.
- Copy of Senior Year Class Schedule
- Physical Exam/Vaccinations - Required health form (provided in a special mailing) should be completed and returned to Student Health Services. See Student Health and Counseling (SHC) for more specific instructions.
- Housing Application - A first-time freshman, single, under 19 years of age, and not living at home must complete a contract and return it with a $50 non-refundable application fee to the Director of Residence Life, University of Nebraska at Kearney. Any special housing arrangements for freshmen must be cleared through the Director of Residence Life.
Note: New entering freshmen will attend a one-day New Student Enrollment program to be advised and registered for Fall classes. New Student Enrollment registration materials will be mailed approximately March 1. A more comprehensive Fall Orientation will occur later in the summer, approximately the start of the Fall semester. Details about the Fall Orientation program will come from the office of the First Year Program.
When to Apply: Currently enrolled high school students should apply between the beginning of their senior year and four weeks prior to the start of the term in which they are seeking admission.
Individuals who have completed high school should submit their application at least four weeks prior to the start of the term in which they wish to be admitted. Students seeking various forms of financial aid should submit their application for admission as early as possible.
For the convenience of new students attending a Summer Session, UNK has an Open Admissions policy which does not require students to meet full admission criteria. The application form and admissions application fee must be submitted prior to registration. However, PRIOR to their next registration (for a Fall or Spring Semester), these students MUST apply for official admission to UNK through the Office of Admissions.