Admission Procedures for All Entering Freshmen

For admission, a freshman student must complete the following requirements:

  1. Application Form - Complete an online application for admission with $45.00 non-refundable application fee.
  2. Entrance Tests - UNK requires all new students to complete either the ACT or SAT test and have that score reported to the Office of Admissions, University of Nebraska at Kearney. High school juniors and seniors must take the ACT or SAT test and list UNK (ACT College Code 2468, SAT Code 6467) as one of their college choices. When applying for admission, however, you will be allowed to self-report your official ACT or SAT scores for initial admission purposes.
  3. Transcripts - At the time of application, Nebraska residents will be allowed to self-report high school coursework and GPA.  Out-of-state applicants will need to send an unofficial transcript through their junior year (sixth semester) of high school. A final transcript reflecting high school graduation is required prior to enrollment.

For enrollment, the following requirements must also be completed:

  • Physical Exam/Vaccinations - Required health form (provided in a special mailing) should be completed and returned to Student Health Services. See Student Health and Counseling (SHC) for more specific instructions.
  • Housing Application - A first-time freshman, single, under 19 years of age, and not living at home must complete a contract and return it with a $50 non-refundable application fee to the Director of Residence Life, University of Nebraska at Kearney. Any special housing arrangements for freshmen must be cleared through the Director of Residence Life.

Note: New entering freshmen will attend New Student Enrollment to be advised and registered for Fall classes. New Student Enrollment registration materials will be mailed approximately April 1. A more comprehensive Fall Orientation will occur later in the summer, approximately the start of the Fall semester. Details about the Fall Orientation program will come from the Office of Student and Family Transitions.