- Application for a degree must be made either through the Student's MyBLUE account or at the Office of the University Registrar.
- Students must have all degree requirements completed prior to participating in a commencement ceremony.
- A student planning to graduate in December must make application no later than September 15; one planning to graduate in May must make application no later than February 1; and one planning to graduate at the end of the summer session must make application no later than June 15.
- Students applying on or before the above deadlines will be assessed a $25 Graduation Fee. Applications and payments received after the above dates and until October 7 for Fall commencement, February 15 for Spring commencement and June 30 for summer will be assessed a $40 Graduation Fee. Students wishing to apply for graduation after the second deadline must appeal to a review board consisting of the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the College Dean.
- All incomplete grades and all academic obligations outside of the term's work must be resolved prior to the date of graduation or other arrangements must be approved by the Office of the University Registrar to allow the student to continue with the graduation process. A student must be enrolled in all remaining coursework required for the degree in order to be considered for graduation. If all degree requirements are not completed by the anticipated graduation date, then the student must re-apply and again pay the $25 fee in order to graduate.
- All financial obligations displayed on the student’s bill must be met in order for the diploma and transcript to be released. Students with outstanding requirements will be notified of such holds and the diploma and transcript will not be released until the obligations are cleared.
- Participation in Commencement and/or receipt of the diploma DO NOT indicate that a degree has been granted. Only after final grades for the semester have been processed and reviewed and compliance with all academic regulations has been determined, will the actual degree be posted to a student's transcript. The transcript is the official record of the awarding of a degree.