Bachelor of Arts

  1. All General Studies and general graduation requirements must be met.
  2. Foreign Languages
    1. Complete two intermediate or upper level college courses or equivalent competency in a foreign language.
    2. Students who are admitted to UNK with the Core Requirement of 2 units in the same foreign language completed in a U.S. high school and provide a copy of their high school transcript to their faculty advisor and the Registrar's Office, may choose to meet this language requirement by completing two introductory courses (100 and 101, 6 credit hours) in a single language different than the one taken in high school. Students entering UNK without completing the Core Requirement in high school are not eligible for this option.
    3. International students, whose native language is not English, may complete six credit hours of English Literature coursework in lieu of the Foreign Languages requirement.
  3. Major Program
    1. Students must complete a Degree Plan that consists of the following:
      1. A major program consisting of 30-36 credit hours and a minor program consisting of 18-24 credit hours. Duplication of coursework between the two is limited to eight (8) credit hours.
      2. A major program consisting of 30-36 credit hours and a second major of 30-36 credit hours. Duplication of course work between the two is limited to eight (8) credit hours.1
    2. Additional minors beyond the Degree Plan described above will be allowed contingent upon the following:
      1. If the additional minor(s) is(are) from a department in the Degree Plan, the additional minor(s) must have twelve (12) credit hours of unduplicated coursework.
      2. For minor(s) from departments different from those in the Degree Plan, there is no limit of duplication.
      3. For the purpose of this rule, all business departments will be considered a single department.
  4. Specific program requirements and major-minor requirements are detailed in the Departments and Programs of Study section in this catalog. Students should consult their advisors and/or department chairs.