Bachelor of General Studies
The Bachelor of General Studies is an interdisciplinary program. It should not be confused with the General Studies Program, which is a required component in all undergraduate degree programs.
- All general graduation requirements must be met.
- All UNK General Studies Program requirements must be met.
- A Distribution requirement of 45 semester credit hours must be met.
- Students must complete a Capstone requirement of 2-6 credit hours, in addition to electives to total 120 credit hours.
- No more than a total of 6 semester credit hours may be used to meet both the General Studies and the Distribution requirements.
- At least 30 of the 45 Distribution credit hours must be upper division courses with 300 or 400 numbering. At least 15 of these upper division credit hours must be UNK credit hours.
- Students must have at least a 2.5 GPA in each of the Distribution areas.
- Individual programs must be approved by the designated Bachelor of General Studies advisor.