Final Week Policy
Finals at UNK will be scheduled Monday through Thursday during the last week of the semester.
- Final examinations for full semester classes are to be given at the regularly scheduled examination time only as published on the Office of the University Registrar website.
- During the week prior to Final Week, the only examinations that may be given are: laboratory practical examinations, make-up or repeat examinations, and self paced examinations.
- Projects, papers, and speeches scheduled for completion during the last week of classes must have been assigned in writing by the end of the eighth week of the semester. This refers to the project and its scope, not the topic.
- Complaints about failure to follow the above outlined procedures should be made immediately to the appropriate department chair, dean, or the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs Office, if necessary.
- Any course not having an examination during Final Week will meet under the direction of its instructor during the scheduled Final Week time period for a continuation of regular class work.
- Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Dean on the basis of good and sufficient reasons submitted to the Dean in writing.