Objectives of Graduate Studies
The goal of Graduate Studies & Academic Outreach is to develop in each student an appreciation of knowledge and to provide an intellectual stimulus for advanced study. A scholarly education is pursued through mutual deliberation between students and faculty on philosophies, concepts, and natural phenomena relevant to a world society. Graduate study is offered in several fields for students who wish to increase their effectiveness in the arts and sciences, education, government, business, and industry. Emphasis is placed upon current thinking, modern practice, and research findings in academic and professional education. The general objectives of Graduate Studies & Academic Outreach are:
- To offer programs of study and advanced degrees for students who wish to further their academic and professional education.
- To provide an opportunity for non-degree and degree seeking students to increase academic and professional competencies through accessible, innovative learning practices.
- To provide expanded opportunities and experiences for graduate and non-degree seeking students which will enhance their cultural, attitudinal, and philosophical values.
- To provide research experiences for graduate students to enable them to become adept in developing and applying research techniques and in the interpretation of information derived from research and creative activities.
- To provide opportunities for graduate students to become involved in scholarly endeavors by participation in diversified individualized learning experiences (independent study, field research, internships, and the development of thesis problems).