- July 10 for Fall admission;
- November 10 for Spring admission;
- April 10 for Summer admission.
- Submit a formal application for admission electronically and pay the application fee, if applicable.
- Request directly from any University or College attended previously, an official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate course work to be sent to the Graduate Admissions office. NU transcripts (UNO, UNL, UNMC and UNK) are obtained internally unless an academic or financial hold is on the account. By virtue of submitting an application, applicant is providing consent for internal access to these academic records.
- Comply with departmental admission requirements.
When all materials are submitted, the Office of Graduate Admissions will conduct an initial evaluation. Complete applicant files meeting the requirements for admission will be forwarded to the appropriate department for their consideration and recommendation. Following receipt of the departmental recommendation, the Office of Graduate Studies will notify the applicant of the action taken and admission status. To stay active in the program, students must not have a lapse of enrollment longer than two calendar years and all coursework must be completed within 10 years of the first day of enrollment.