3 credit hours required for General Studies credit.
- Evaluate information from more than one academic discipline.
- Formulate logical connections between disciplines as they relate to the topic.
- Employ the approach of more than one academic discipline in completing a Capstone project.
- Synthesize knowledge related to the topic in completing a Capstone project.
- Communicate effectively in the medium chosen for the Capstone project.
Students may take any course numbered 388 in any department to satisfy the capstone requirement.
Students are encouraged to take the Capstone course in a discipline other than their major or minor.
The Capstone is open to juniors and seniors, and to students within 6 credit hours of completion of their General Studies requirements.
For a list of the Capstone offerings for the current semester, see www.unk.edu/academic_affairs/general_studies/PortandCap.php.