Applied Health Sciences, Bachelor of Science
Offered by Health Science Programs
Students accepted into a professional school in the health sciences may receive a BS in Applied Health Sciences degree from UNK if they fulfill the requirements in one of the following options:
- A minimum of 85 semester credit hours completed toward one of the pre-professional health programs presently listed in the catalog.
- Completion of all general studies requirements prescribed by UNK.
- Successful completion of 35 credit hours of coursework in professional school in one of the following areas: medicine, physical therapy, chiropractic, osteopathy, optometry, podiatry, dentistry, physician assistant, occupational therapy or pharmacy and occasionally other areas in which the professional program is considered to be at least equivalent to a baccalaureate degree and can be considered upper division credit hours.
- Not less than 32 semester credit hours shall be UNK credits.
- a minimum of 65 credit hours of pre-radiologic technology coursework as presently listed in the catalog.
- completion of all general studies requirements prescribed by UNK.
- successful completion of a radiologic technology clinical training program at an affiliated hospital program for which a total of 55 semester hours is awarded.
- not less than 32 semester hours shall be UNK credits.
For further information on these degree options contact the office of Health Science Programs.