Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Graduate Students
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is required to establish minimum academic standards that students must meet to be eligible or maintain eligibility for federal financial aid. These standards apply to students who are receiving financial aid or who seek financial aid in the future. Failure to meet these standards for two consecutive semesters (fall, spring, summer) means the student is no longer eligible to receive financial aid.
The Qualitative Requirement for graduate students requires a minimum, cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Awarded as 1/2 time (4-5 credit hours) must complete a minimum of 4 credit hours
- Awarded as 3/4 time (6-8 credit hours) must complete a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Awarded as fulltime (9 or more) must complete a minimum of 9 credit hours
Additionally students have a maximum time frame for which they can receive aid. It is 150% of the required program credit hours as described in this catalog.
- To be counted as successfully completed or earned credit hours, the student must receive a grade of A, B, C or CR.
- Withdrawals (W), incompletes (I) or failures (F) are counted in the attempted hours but are NOT successfully completed or earned credit hours.
For additional information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress for graduate students contact the Office of Financial Aid.